Friday, December 30, 2011

A Good Break

Where has the time gone?! How could December pass me by so quickly? Maybe it's because it's been so darn busy.
We'll separate this month into sections so you can choose to skip something if I'm boring you.
Charlie
 Okay we'll talk about what most people care about first. Charlie has gotten so big. I just can't believe it. I see him every day, but when I pull him out of the crib each morning he looks bigger. It's not just my imagination either. At his last pediatrician appointment he was 26.5 inches long (which is tall by the way). He weighed 14 lbs 9.5 oz (that is lean, but the doctor wasn't worried). So, yeah, he has been growing!
He has also developed quite a bit. He follows sounds and people really well now. Smiles are super abundant, especially for Daddy. He's started to realize that there are strangers in the world, which has made a few Grandmas and Grandpas sad when he cries when they hold him. Charlie is also starting to grab things, though he is still really uncoordinated. I hope that develops soon. He is also really close to rolling over. He can roll over to his side, but he cannot quite seem to go the rest of the way. He can also sit up, with help. He has no balance.
Charlie was spoiled rotten for Christmas. I think I've mentioned the Toothless stuffed animal that Grandma was making for him. If not, now you know. It turned out really cute, and really big! Thank you so much Gram it's so cute. Charlie also got some pretty cool outfits, some money saved away for him from Aunt Pam and Uncle Glenn, toys (many), and some books. It was a good first Christmas. Okay, no, Charlie was SOOOOOO grumpy on Christmas. He did not get the sleep he needed during the day, and he was letting us know.
Christmas for Brooke and Jay
It was really busy, but I think we were both able spoil each other and were spoiled by others. When you add in everything that Charlie got, I would say it was a pretty awesome Christmas. I didn't even mention how much family time we got. Almost too much family time. I was ready to kill everyone, but I sure do love them!
Jay got me a locket, I cannot wait to put pictures of my two favorite people in there.
The Future
The future is uncertain. It's Jay's last day at work. He's getting laid off, again. So, we're not sure what's gunna happen there. He has an interview on Tuesday, but the job isn't for something he's done before, so he's not sure he'll get it.
I finally received my student teaching assignment. Hunter Junior High. That's all I know so far though, because I haven't had a chance to contact them, they went on Holiday Break the day I got my letter. So I'll find out January 3rd what is going on there, hopefully. I'm a little worried because it's a junior high. I don't imagine I'll have a cooperating teacher with 7 periods of Biology. There just isn't that much Biology in Junior High. So I don't know what else I'll be teaching and I'm unsure of my abilities in other areas. I mean, I'm sure I'll be fine. I might even learn some more. But it just feels bad to not be certain of what I am teaching. I'm nervous anyway, to teach, so it doesn't help.
I have an orientation up at Weber at 8 am on January 2nd. It seems so unfair. Most of the state is on Holiday and I have to wake up early and go to school. At least I don't have to take the frontrunner, Jay will be out of a job and I'm gunna have him take me up. I'm not sure what I want him to do with Charlie, since I think it will be a long day.

Well, that's all I got so far. I didn't accomplish nearly enough this break. I did finish one book, The Book Thief, it was very good. I think I'm about a quarter through Zelda. My puzzle just ended up on the floor in a soup of pepsi, tepanyaki, and black cat........
Maybe next break I can get more done.



Quote: "Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it."Buddha

No comments: