Friday, January 15, 2010

I need to write more!

I am awful at this whole blogging thing. I just forget, I guess. Anyway, let's try again, shall we?
I'll start by saying that I have started a new semester, like many of you have too.  I'm taking Genetics, Plant Form and Function, Human Physiology, Lab Safety, and all the associated labs. Oh! And an online Evolution class. I always forget that one. It seems like this semester is going to be "okay." I can see Future Brooke bogged down in homework, which scares me, but I can do it. No one said 16 credit hours was easy! Genetics is going to be m challenging class of the semester, but for the most part I'm looking forward to learning new things. Chromosomes and genes are VERY interesting to me....
I feel kind of sad because it feels like Jay and I are lengthening our leashes on each other, giving each other a little more room to breathe. It sounds like a good thing, but it doesn't feel too great. I do like having alone time, but I get plenty of that at school (when my good buddy Laura isn't around). I don't think it's anything to worry about, I bet its just a very delayed reaction.... a ummm, falling apart from the "newly wed" state.
Our pet collection has lost a lot of it's bulk in the last month. First, we actually gained two rats, which was fun. We named them Francis and Marie, Then our pet mouse, Rose,  "died. We think she was just old, about a year and a half. The internet gives them 2 years max. Then, just this last week, Marie and then Francis died. We don't know what happened. Marie's death was quite gruesome, which lead us to think there was a fight. But Francis's death involved no blood.... so we don't really know what's been going on. We still have Pearl though...
I did cry for the recently lost though. Gidget and Doozer wouldn't leave my thoughts one night and I ended up missing them really badly. Brandy gave me a good bit of "advice": "You know if the garb you wear in Heaven is white robe's I bet their the softest out there and I bet their great for ferret naps." Words of wisdom, words of wisdom....

Well, that's all for now. Hope to hear what ya'll have to say. Love ya!

Quote of the Post: "We reached the old wolf in time to watch the fierce green fire dying in her eyes... There was something new to me in those eyes-- something known only to her and the mountains. I was young then, and full of trigger-itch. I thought that because fewer wolves more deer that no wolves would mean hunter's paradise, but after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
~ Aldo Leopold 

PS I've done that quote before but it's my favorite!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor babies. Jayde and I have thought a lot about Doozer and Gidget lately too. Maybe that means that, in their way, they're looking out for all of us right now.