Sunday, September 28, 2014

Fall is Here!

Late

I realized I was two days late writing. What's sad is that I even had Friday off of work. Friday ended up bein rather busy, though. So I never wrote. It was the good kind of busy though. I actually felt like a Mamma, going to the grocery store mid-day without Jay and a Charlie in tow. Charlie was a really good boy for me, though. I am excited to spend my other days off with him this year and make them special days with my (soon to be) boy(s). 

Charlie

I guess this is a good place to just make a Charlie section. 
So on Friday I got to spend all day with him and I really really enjoyed it. I started out stressed, but know we started running errands we got to talk, just us two, and I just loved it. At the end, we went to Chic fil et, which is his favorite right now because of the chicken/slide combination. He's gotten so brave. He'll go slide all by himself now! We're going to take him to the lagoon next week because now we know he's brave enough to ride the rides. :) I can't wait!
He's so excited for his little brother. I can't wait to see how he does and to let him hold and kiss Roland. That's what I'm most excited to see. I can't wait for Charlie to meet his brother. It probably won't be the perfect moment I envision, but I know Charlie will be a good big brother.

Oktoberfest

I convinced Jay to take us up the canyon to Oktoberfest this last weekend to see the leaves. We don't drink beer, but we enjoy the food and we enjoy the mountain. We decided to invite my Mom this time and I'm glad we did. We took a very refreshing walk around Snowbird. It misted on us most of the walk. Combine that with the smells of Autumn and the leaves beginning to change and you have the perfect afternoon that only a canyon can offer. I was grateful we went. Jay and I decided that we're going to go on a drive up to the Uintah's in a few weeks to see more pretty leaves. It sounds like Jay needs to observe a rock for his Geology class while we're there, too. I remember that assignment... It was fun! Yay outdoors!







Shower

So my sweet Mother, my awesome cousin Misty, and my always caring Grandma hosted a baby shower for me and little Roland yesterday.
I'll admit, at first I felt that maybe I didn't need a shower, since this is my second boy, but I am VERY grateful that they gave me one anyway. It runs out that there is so much that I do need that we don't have. I also needed some support this week. I'm starting to get to nervous about having another kid, but now I know I have a large number of people that I can call on for love and guidance and support. I appreciate everyone who came and helped me spoil this new little guy. Thanks so much guys.

School

I think school is going a little better. My honors and core classes are doing a little bit better. My AP classes seem like they really want to try harder. So I'm hopeful, but pessimistic. We'll see how they do. :)
We had parent teacher conferences this week, which was exhausting. I had a few good talks. I talked with some of the parents from my AP classes, but not really the ones I needed to. There were two that I wanted to talk to and we talked about whether or not AP was a good choice. Interestingly enough, both students decided they wanted to stay in AP, that it was something they wanted to pursue. I still don't quite understand, but I'm willing to make the effort if they are.
I had my first evaluation this week, too. Doin good, doin good.

Anxious Feelings

It's getting awfully close to baby time, and I'll admit that I'm getting a bit stressed out about the whole thing. I'm trying to figure out what all needs to be cleaned and everything, but it's tough when you come home absolutely exhausted all of the time. Since it's dark week this week, I am planning on doing a room a night and really getting it cleaned well. We also need to get a crib ready and find all of the bottles and such found. I need to get some clothes ready, clean my jeep (OH MY I need to clean my jeep!). We should set some kind of baby station up in our room. I'd also feel a whole lot more comfortable if I had a plan once I do go into labor. Sounds like a good week to get started! :D
Then, there's the whole, "Can I handle two children question?" But, that's really in the back of my mind. Charlie's still alive, so I count myself as a successful mother. ;)

Roland Name and All

Well, if you haven't heard, the new baby's name is going to be Roland Dean Funk. Yes, this baby is named after a  few characters in Stephen King's Dark Tower Series. No, I really do not wish that Roland is anything like any of the characters in the book. yes, I mostly admire Roland in the books but I am also disgusted with him at times. So, no, really Roland isn't named "after" the Roland in the books. I really like the name Roland and that's pretty much all there is to it. Because, who would really want their child to have the same fate as Roland Deschain of Gilead? Jay and I have both read the Dark Tower series and we both like the name and we both think it sounds right. So don't give me any crap about naming my child after a Stephen King novel. Some people just look horrified when I tell them where I got the name. Oh Utah. :D There, that is all the defending of Roland's name that I am going to do because I honestly don't think I should have to defend it in the first place.

Jay and Class

I hate it when Jay goes to school. I hate it. I miss him and even when he is home he's constantly working on homework. Still, I support his decision to better himself through higher education and will continue to do so until he is done, whenever that may be. Proud of you sweety. I just miss you. Summer will come again!

Home
 Home is home is home. I enjoy having Carrie and Jayde staying with us. I hope they are more than ready for a newborn. Im gunna need a lot of help.
Well, I think I'm done for now. Maybe the next blog post there will be a baby? Let's hope not, he'd still be early.

No comments: