Tuesday, February 24, 2009

School is getting harder

It's about the time that the second biggest projects of the semester are getting started (The biggest doesn't come till the end)
I'm finding it hard to balance my time with all of it comin at me. I'm gunna do okay I think though.
For my Biology class, we have another test coming up.
For my Geology class, we need to start thinking of topics for our final report (not too bad)
For my CHF class (meh, this class isn't all that hard if you can keep on top of it)
My History of Science class is getting to individual presentations on books we were supposed to be reading so far this semester.... Mine isn't for a long while (In fact the final project is due before I get to present) but the thought is terrifying. EVERYONE (I mean it) in that class is a teaching major, and the the teacher outright told us he expects good presentations and no fear from the future teachers.... And here's where my fear of oral reports steps in. I think I could teach fine, it'll be something I know really well and it'll be high school kids at or below my level. I have often felt like I'm very far behind in my schooling than most people in that class.... all of them outgoing and it seems like in their last semester at Weber. So they're all more knowledgeable to me.... which for some reason just makes giving an oral report worse.... I can't afford to freeze up on this! And the book just plain sucked!
My Biology lab has a lab report due! AND THEY'RE SUPER-SPECIFIC!!! Anything can and will go wrong. Scientists are so darn picky! But at least I figured out how to make my graphs (stupid excel) Now for the long, arduous process of writing the darn thing. Wish me luck!
I know, it's not all that stressful, but the stressers are pushing on the parts that make me most anxious!
:D
Quote of the Day: "Things must happen when it is time for them to happen, a quest may not simply be abandoned. The happy ending cannot come in the middle of the story." "But what if there isn't a happy ending at all?" "There are no happy endings because nothing ever ends."Smendrick and Molly in The Last Unicorn

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The last unicorn . . . We haven't watched that for ages . . .You'll do fine, Poirot. Chin to the grindstone!