Thursday, June 16, 2011

Week 29

Hello everyone.
It's been another fantastic week. On Friday I had a night out with my hubby. He took me to Olive Garden (yum) and then we went dress/skirt shopping (a long, stupid, and annoying process to find ANYTHING cute for church). After that we watched Joseph and the Amazing blah blah blah blah (long title) at the Draper Ampitheatre, so it was outside. It was fun! We got to sit on the grass and watch the show. Sure, it was very community-theatreish but I really enjoyed being outside on such a nice night! Afterwords, I had some heartburn (darn Charlie) and we got some ice-cream at arctic circle. :D
The rest of the weekend is kind of a blur. I gave a talk at church on Sunday (shivers) but nothing else comes to mind.
Then the fun started. This week I've been volunteering with Science in the Parks up in Ogden to get some hours in that I need to graduate. It has been a BLAST! It's 2 hours out playin with the kids, but it goes by in what seems 10 minutes. Seriously. I don't think there's anything else I could do that would be more fun. Basically we're just taking a bunch of toys (with some kind of scientific base) over to the park and letting kids play. Monday was "Build It" day and I helped kids build little hovering "butterflies" made of cups that you shoot off with a rubber band chain. It was pouring at one point, but I didn't care! Tuesday was "See It" day and I manned the station with little microscopes and bugs and leaves and testubes of insoluble substances in water. Wednesday was "Hear it" day. I helped kids make telephone cups, it was super fun. But very hot! And next to me there were thunder tubes. Baby DID NOT like the thunder tubes. He was squirming and kicking the whole 2 hours! :D Cute 'lil guy.  Today was "Move it" day. I helped kids play with Alka-seltzer rockets! SOOOO much fun! And I still have tomorrow and next week!
As much fun as this has been, it has left me utterly and completely exhausted for the rest of the day. Ugh, I can barely move right now. And something that's really been bothering me lately is some pretty bad pain in my pelvic region. Seriously, if I turn wrong, or when  I get out of the car or out of bed, or even get dressed it hurts. Really bad too! Sometimes when I need to roll over at night it hurts so bad down there that I want to scream. I'm definitely going to ask my doc if he can do anything next time I see him. I mean, my book says pelvic pain is normal, but ugh, this just sucks!
Poor Charlie is getting pretty squished. I can feel him a lot lately. On the bus today I was watching my tummy, and he must have been stretching because my stomach stretched at least 3 inches out and back in. It kind of hurt, too. Poor guy.
As for me, I grew quite a bit in just the last week. We woke up on Monday and Jay took one look at me and asked what had happened overnight. But not much new! Can't wait for my baby, I keep dreaming about him.
Quote of the Week: "The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' (I found it!) but 'That's funny ..."  Isaac Asimov

No comments: