Thursday, June 23, 2011

Week 30

Oh wow, I am tired.
Another busy, but extremely fun week of Science in the Parks.
I finished up last week with "Feel it" Day on Friday. The name kind of implies getting messy, doesn't it? And I sure got messy. I helped out with slime, which is a fun little activity where the children make their own gooey, sticky slimy stuff. It required about 2 hours prep time.... filling little plastic bags with water and glue. THEN, once we got to the park, I was put in charge of letting the kids put food coloring inside their bags. HOLY CRAP! Not  one inch of my hands was left uncolored. But, it was fun. There were many explosions of colorful glue bags, though, which added to the messiness.
Then came the weekend. Jay and I went out Friday night. We had dinner, Chiles, and then went to a drive-in movie. I love drive-in movies, but I can never make it through both movies. I made it throught The Green Lantern, which was ok.But I missed Thor, and that's the one I wanted to see. Oh well, Jay said it was good.
We slept in pretty late on Saturday, took the dog for a good walk, and then went to work..... pretty boring.
Sunday, Father's Day. It was pretty tame. Woke up late, ran to church, went to Jay's parents for lunch and Pam's for dinner..... Good day, kinda long though.
Then, it all started again. Monday I was put at the copter station and then was moved to the tinfoil boat station. Tuesday I helped make little flip sticks. Wednesday I made telephone cups again. And today I did Alka Seltzer Rockets again. I gotta say, I'm just getting too tired to do this. Tomorrow is my last day, though. I wish I could do more, because it's a ton of fun. But, I'm about to crash right now. I'm hoping that the 40 oz. coke I got at Subway will rejuvenate me a bit. Naughty Brooke, but I really needed something to pick me up. I have my first childbirth class tonight! And Jay gets to come, which makes me happy..
As for stuff besides Science in the Parks? Ummm Tuesday Jay and I took Gabby and Miya out for a nice walk. They got a really good swim in.
Wednesday night was fun! I had a baby shower with Jenelle. With all my favorite folks. I really miss hanging out with my friends, why do we have to be so far apart? Anyway, just like old times, much laughter, and more spoiling for little Charlie. We made tie-die onesies! I can't wait to see how they turned out!!!!
Hmmm, a man just walked onto the frontrunner, sat at a table, and started crying.....Do I go ask if I can help? Maybe I'll give him a couple of minutes before I decide....
Anyway.... that's all for now. I'm too tired to think about anything else. I'm gunna take a nap on the frontrunner.

Quote of the day; "A boy can learn a lot from a dog: obedience, loyalty, and the importance of turning around three times before lying down." Robery Benchley

2 comments:

Ben and Carly said...

Wow, sounds like you had QUITE the week. Hope you get more sleep this next week!!! Love ya!

Ben and Carly said...

Wow, sounds like you had QUITE the week. Hope you get more sleep this next week!!! Love ya!