Friday, July 25, 2014

This Week in July

I don't know what was up with this week, but it was tough. Really tough. But, let's talk and stay mainly positive, shall we?

Charlie

Charlie just keeps on growing. He makes me so proud and so happy. I really need to focus more on him, but he has so much more energy than I have. Next week we shall go to the park and the splash pad and play in the pool. He's much too cute to ignore all summer long.
There's been a step made in potty training, even if it was small it was a step. I got a call at Hale Monday night from a very excited little boy telling me all about going poo in the potty and now Grandma is going to take me to get a truck. :) It was cute. He hasn't gone since, but he has tried quite a few times. Like I said, it was a step.
Charlie and cousin Jayde seem to be constantly fighting, lately. I'm hoping it'll calm down after cousin Jayde gets settled into her own routine, because that's one of the things that's been adding to the stress of the week. Though, I really can't say much because I remember teasing a Jayde just as much as she teases Charlie.

School

I've had some fun lately planning out my AP Bio curriculum. I have a lot of work ahead, but it feels good to actually be doing something. This is one of the things that's been taking my mind away from Charlie, so I put a limit on myself today and will probably have to continue to do so until the end of the summer.

Apricots

Today I hate apricots. All week I have hated apricots. I've spent way too much of my time picking rotten apricots off of the ground. No, I do not feel like eating any apricots, either. Picking apricots off of the ground every day makes me very tired most of the time. Well, it probably adds to the trouble, anyway.

Stress Management

Yeah, I've been pretty stressed out this week. Things I'm working on:
Focus more on playing with Charlie.
Find a regular old book to read.
Work on the puzzle.
Take walks in the evening with my hubby instead of just laying on the couch all night. I may be tired, but I'm 95% sure that if it's not mostly in my head that walking would probably help anyway.

Well, I'm tired (yeah, probably in my head) and don't feel like typing too much more. So, I'm off.

No comments: