Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Brooke-o on a Wednesday Afternoon


Today is just one of those day.... I should have been studying for a history final but all of the motivation has been sucked out of me for the day.... so it's just been a sit-around day for Brooke.... yup, I was lazy today and proud of it.... :P
I guess I did vacuum and clean our room a bit. I didn't want to tell Jay because I want to surprise him. Hopefully he notices. Yes, Brooke doesn't clean very often, sadly, that's one of the things I'm not obsessive-compulsive about... I know, I'm an odd one... AND yes, just ask Jay, I'm extremely obsessive about other things, including the order the towels get washed and used and stacked in.... :D He probably won't read this so it won't ruin the surprise... but you should see the wad of Gabby fur that got vacuumed up!
Gabby is practically glaring at me because I haven't taken her for a walk today.... sigh, I don't feel good... so, mutt, for today the walk is out... Maybe I'll let her run around outside.
I have Hale tonight, I have a sneaking fear that Linda is gonna have us Audience Watching tonight, sigh, I guess our turn is coming, I hope it's the five so we get paid better....
I really don't have much to talk about today.... but I wanted to write to make the time go faster... and for any of you who were thinking I'm in a depressing mood, you're wrong. I'm actually very happy today, just don't feel very good. I was hoping all of the random smilies in here would give you hints to my mood! :D
Love ya'll
What am I grateful or happy about today.... Video games! I love 'em... great stress relievers... and just plain fun... I beat the second Kingdom Hearts yesterday!!!

Quote of the day: is a poem! "He was lost!-not a shade of doubt of that;

For he never barked at a slinking cat,
But stood in the square where the wind blew raw
With a drooping ear and a trembling paw
And a mournful look in his pleading eye
And a plaintive sniff at the passer-by
That begged as plain as a tongue could sue,
"O Mister! please may I follow you?"

A lorn wee waif of a tawny brown
Adrift in the roar of a heedless town.
Oh, the saddest of sights in a world of sin
Is a little lost pup with his tail tucked in!
He won my heart, for I set great store,
on my own Red Beaut, who is here no more.
So I whistled clear, and he trotted up,
and who so glad, as that small lost pup.

Now he shares my board and he owns my bed,
And he fairly shouts when he hears my tread;
Then, if things go wrong, as they sometimes do,
and the world is cold, and I'm feeling blue
He asserts his right to assuage my woes
With a warm, red tongue and a nice, cold nose
And a silky head on my arm or knee
And a paw as soft as a paw can be.

When we rove the woods for a league about
He's as full of pranks as a school let out;
For he romps and frisks like a three months' colt,
And he runs me down like a thunderbolt.
Oh, the blithest of sights in the world so fair
Is a gay little pup with his tail in the air"

Arthur Guiterman

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Make sure you go to the doctor if you caught what your mom and I have.