Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Packmates Save the Day once again!

Well, so far today (Which I was so excited about because we're gunna carve our pumpkin tonight gosh darn it!) has been extremely frustrating. Well it all started when I got off with the phone with Jay and read my email. The Graduation Office had emailed me and said I was all set to Graduate. Then my very next email told me that no, they were wrong. I am off one elective credit. Honestly I was outraged because I have been to an academic adviser every freakin semester and the last one said that after this semester I was set! So I decided that since I knew that if I waited till after class it would ruin my class (I know myself, I'd worry all through class) I'd risk being late and go see an academic adviser. Well, he found the problem... whoever was in charge of my transcript messed and doubled one of my classes, and if you switched things around and added everything up, I was exactly one credit off! The adviser told me that my one chance at not spending another semester at SLCC was to Appeal to a lady for Graduation with one less credit hour! So, a close to tears (I'm kind of emotional person right now (darn birth control)) asked when the lady would be in..... 12:30... sigh
So, I went to fill my mug, I needed a wild cherry pepsi, poor girl at the counter probably thought I was gunna have a break down. Then, I went out to my car to drive across campus to my class (With plenty of time to spare) I called Jay to help calm myself down... it helped make me feel better. Big surprise (not really) my car didn't start! Ugh... Well, knowing that it would be dumb to get it jumped and then stop it for class, I walked across campus... just barely making it in time for a quiz. I worried through the first part of class, then I realized something that calmed me down a bit.... I don't need an associates.... I really don't. I can transfer to Weber without it, I got y general ed classes done! That helped. After class I called Grandpa to see if he could come help me get my car started... no, he was busy.... but my very wonderful aunt Carrie was there and she came and saved me! We tried very hard, with some help from our cars' manuals and Jay, to get my car running. No dice.... BUT! I am still extremely thankful to CArrie for coming out! Thank you you beautiful person.... you turned my day around.
So, we drove home where I switched cars and grandpa and I were headed back to the school.
Fortunately the car started, and, so I could keep my engine running a bit, I drove up to have lunch with Jay... Ahhh heaven in an hour!!! He bought me a pint of ice-cream and listened to my troubles (like he always does) I left happy and much more optimistic about the day. And my car started. I went back to talk to the lady....
I waited for half an hour and finally a guy named Gary Coleman (who actually recognized me from a past visit!) helped me out. He told me the same thing as before, except he gave me hope.. He told me that there were December classes I could take that would give me my credit.. Seeing my displeasure he suggested something else... I could take my classes at Weber and then send SLCC my transcript... After that semester at Weber, SLCC would be able to send me a certificate because I'd have enough credits! SWEET!!! But he also suggested I talk to that same lady to try and appeal so I could get m certificate this semester... he suggested mentioning and stressing the mistake made on my transcript and the lack of attention that was paid to it. THEN!!!! He actually helped me set up an appointment with her... WOW!!!! Thank you guy who actually helped me (I thought Gary Coleman was the grill guy?) Then my car started
SO!!!! They day was turned around by my loving caring pack.
Wolves bring meat to their young helpless pups.... Always living for their youth...
They also bring food to old or injured wolves...
Take care of your pack... I'm grateful for mine...
QUOTE OF THE DAY: "Wolves may feature in our myths, our history and our dreams, but they have their own future, their own loves, their own dreams to fufil."
~ Anthony Miles

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Brooke-O. You're the best.